Saturday 5 January 2013

How to ✰ DIY Doughnut Hair ✰


Something I always envied in other girls was how they could make their hair so beautiful!!
One style in particular i always wanted to achieve was the 'doughnut hair'
I've always been rubbish at styling hair but then I learned this nifty trick and now putting my hair in a classy up do in the morning is so easy I don't even need to think about it!!

✰ What you need  ✰

All you need is an old sock and some scissors (preferably match the sock with your hair colour)

  • Step 1: Cut the sock in a straight line across the ankle area so that you're left with a tube
  • Step 2: Fold the sock in on its self until you're left with something like this



Now tie your hair up in a super high pony tail, as tight and high as you can!!
Now put your sock bun over the ends of the pony tail and part it.
With a rolling action fold the two parts of your pony tail into the sock bun, keep going until you reach your head.

It will now probably look a bit messy, but that's ok, keep pushing the loose bits of hair in (you can use bobby pins to hold them in place but i've never needed to) Keep rolling your hair in until you voilà


Nice simple Doughnut hair
and it stays in place so well!!
Hopefully my instructions weren't too hard to understand!! Please give it a go, it's so so easy and i'd love to know your results!!

Ly 



3 comments:

  1. I dont think it would work for me, my hair is too short D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, this style is very much for longer hair unfortunately.
      Maybe I'll post some alternative up dos for shorter hair ♡

      Delete
  2. Its really sad tho that i have too short hair for donut hair styles and even buns. D:

    ReplyDelete